Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/ Sampdoria defender Jeison Murillo has hailed the appointment of Claudio Ranieri as “a positive change” for the team. Murillo joined Samp from Valencia in August and was speaking at Colombia’s training camp ahead of their two friendlies against Peru and Ecuador. “It’s great to play regularly in a League I have already played in, know well and like a lot. “I’ve played in practically all the games. Things aren’t going as we would’ve liked, but the change in coach is a positive change for us. Results are improving.” Ranieri has collected seven points since taking charge of Samp, although they still find themselves in relegation trouble. The former Inter man, meanwhile, has played eight times this season but was dropped for the last three games.
Former India captain Anil Kumble Anil Kumble. File photo: PTI.Former India captain Anil Kumble was on Sunday inducted into the International Cricket Council Hall of Fame at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.Kumble is just the fourth Indian to be included in the elite group, joining Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev and Bishan Bedi.Australian legend Betty Wilson was also inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame on Sunday, along with Kumble.”It’s an honour to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame,” Kumble said.”Indeed, it will be a great moment of pride to receive it during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground I deem it as a great privilege to join the list of great cricketing luminaries,” he added.The 44-year-old played 132 Tests for India, capturing 619 wickets and became the second man in history to take 10 wickets in an innings when he dismantled Pakistan in 1999 to finish with figures of 10-74.”Anil was an outstanding international cricketer, a very well-respected opponent, a great statesman for his country and a role model for millions of aspiring cricketers,” said ICC Chief Executive David Richardson.”He played hard but within the spirit of the game. His performance and record speak volumes for his tenacity, commitment, endurance and service to the game.”Alongside Kumble, Wilson becomes the second Australian woman in the Hall of Fame behind champion batter Belinda Clark.Wilson, considered one of the greatest female cricketers of all-time, played 11 Tests between 1947 and 1958, scoring 862 runs at an average of 57.4 and claimed 68 wickets at 11.8 runs apiece. In 1957 against England, Wilson became the first cricketer, male or female, to take score a century and take 10 wickets in a Test.advertisementKumble and Wilson become the 77th and 78th inductees into the Hall of Fame.
The 2012 Defence Force Nationals will be played from Monday, 29 October until Friday, 2 November at the Enoggera Barracks in Brisbane. 21 teams from across Australia will take part in the event, including three invitational teams from New Zealand, from as far away as the southern states and the Northern Territory.Six Constituent Bodies (CB) will take part in the championships – Northern Territory, South Queensland, Sydney Metros, Southern States, ACT/Country and North Queensland as well as New Zealand. The teams will compete across three divisions – Men’s Open, Women’s Open and Senior Men. Rounds games will be played on the first three days of competition, before finals are played on Thursday. There will be a Trans Tasman event on the Friday across the Men’s Open, Women’s Open and Men’s 30’s divisions, with each division to play one game each against New Zealand. Last year’s Champion CB, South Queensland will be looking for another solid performance at the event, and has entered five teams into the championships. ACT/County was named last year’s Most Improved CB. For more information and to keep up-to-date with all of the latest news and results from the 2012 Defence Nationals, please visit the following website: http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=14-6027-0-0-0 Related LinksDefence Nationals
You can keep up-to-date with all of the latest news and information from the 2014 X-Blades National Touch League in the following ways:Websiteswww.ntl.mytouchfooty.comwww.austouch.com.auSocial MediaFacebook – www.facebook.com/touchfootballaustraliaTwitter – www.twitter.com/touchfootyaus (be sure to use the hashtag #NTL2014)Instagram – www.instagram.com/touchfootballaustraliaYouTube – www.youtube.com/touchfootballausRelated LinksBig things ahead Growth.That was the message Touch Football Australia CEO Colm Maguire and his NRL counterpart David Smith spread when the heads of the two football entities came together on the morning of day one of the 2014 X-Blades National Touch League at Coffs Harbour.When the strategic alliance between the two sports was signed in August last year, it created the biggest sporting community in Australia.More than 1.1 million players are part of the community born out of the partnership between the two codes.A new brand called NRL Touch Football was unveiled and the inclusion of Smith and NRL head of football Todd Greenberg to the TFA board means the sporting bodies are working closer than ever before. “The partnership is all about growth,” Smith said.“We are talking about two sporting associations coming together and make it a bigger sporting community, and that is very much in-line with the NRL’s objective to be the biggest sporting community in the country. “We are on the way to doing that.”Maguire said it was a significant day for touch football.“Over the last few years, and in particular last year, we have worked through a strategic alliance with the NRL,” Maguire said.“Today we are unveiling a brand that will take us towards a more united way and aligned way.”NRL great Nathan Hindmarsh said he would be getting plenty of enjoyment from the partnership.“For someone who has played rugby league for a living and no longer can do that in a competitive way, I look at touch football as my game to play,” the former Eel, Blues and Kangaroos forward said.“I will enjoy playing with my three young boys; it [touch football] is a great family game.” By BEN HARRIS
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Chelsea make €25M contract offer to Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barellaby Carlos Volcano9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea have offered Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella a massive contract package to move to London this month.TMW says a five-year deal worth €5m-a-season has been tabled to the Italy U21 international.Chelsea have also offered Cagliari a massive €55m for the Sardinians to sell.Barella is a specific request of Blues boss Maurizio Sarri, while his No2 Gianfranco Zola has been on the phone to the player regularly about life at Cobham.However, the player is still to be convinced about leaving for abroad at this stage in his career.
Ingredients Rice 75 gm Milk 300 ml Caster Sugar 30 gm Saffron few strands Green Cardamom Powder a pinch Rose Water few drops Slivered Almonds & Pistachios to garnish Silver Foil & Rose Petals to garnishPreparation Soak the saffron strands in a tsp of warm milk. Soak the rice in water for about one hour. Drain the water and grind it to a paste (should not be too coarse). In a heavy-bottomed pan, combine milk, sugar and the rice paste together and boil. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the mixture is creamy and thick and coats the back of a spoon. Add the saffron and cardamom and mix well. Remove from heat. Add the rose water and mix well. Refrigerate for around 2 hours until chilled and set. Garnish with slivered nuts, silver foil, rose petals and serve.(Courtesy: The Taj City Centre, Gurugram)
Lawyer Joe Amendola with Jerry Sandusky.Jerry Sandusky, convicted child molester, will make a statement at his sentencing hearing Tuesday, according to his lawyer, Joe Amendola.Amendola said, “It’s as certain as certain can be” that the former Penn State assistant football coach will address Judge John Cleland and profess his innocence before he is sentenced on 45 counts of child sexual abuse.Nobody else is expected to speak on Sandusky’s behalf during the sentencing hearing Tuesday in Bellefonte, Amendola said.“What I anticipate he’ll say is that he’s innocent,” Amendola said outside the courthouse.The attorney said others, including Sandusky’s wife, have submitted letters on his behalf and that Dottie Sandusky stands by her husband and will attend the sentencing.“He’s going to fight for a new trial,” Amendola said. He said “the important thing” about sentencing for the defense “is it starts the appellate process.”Last week, jurors in Sandusky’s trial said they wished Sandusky is imprisoned for life.Gayle Barnes, a homemaker and former school district employee, said she thinks a lot about the victims, particularly the eight who testified against Sandusky and provided what she considers the critical evidence of guilt. She said he deserves life in prison.“I do still feel good, what we as jurors did,” Barnes said. “I didn’t go there saying off the bat he’s guilty. I needed to listen to every single thing that was said.”Barnes said she has been in touch with a fifth juror and an alternate juror who also plan to attend the sentencing.High school science teacher Joshua Harper, who has bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Penn State, said that he takes pride in having served on the jury, and that the guilty verdict was not a close call. He wants Sandusky “put away for the rest of his life, really.”“This is what prisons are for, you know,” Harper said. “I mean, I don’t think you let a guy loose like that.”He also felt the victim testimony was pivotal.“It was such a consistent pattern of behavior,” Harper said. “It was just so solid. The defense was just so thin. There was no evidence that these kids were lying. Even the minor inconsistencies that the defense tried to bring up — and did bring up — that made it more convincing.”
Our CARMELO NBA player projections are back! In the video above, Nate Silver breaks down what CARMELO thinks about the league’s top prospects.
From ABC News: The first time Tiger Woods won the Masters, becoming the youngest to ever do it, he decimated the field and crumbled in his father’s arms. “We made it,” Earl Woods told his then-21-year-old son. Woods is now 43-going-on-60, still donning his trademark Sunday red. He scaled Augusta National this weekend for the fifth time,1Jack Nicklaus has the all-time record with six victories at the Masters. holding off a number of contenders, some of whom grew up watching him transcend the sport, on the back nine. What once seemed inevitable was anything but just a few years ago, as Woods battled surgeries and off-the-course maladies.“Maybe the son of golf has returned,” broadcaster and former Masters champion Nick Faldo said as Woods left the 17th green.It had been 3,954 days since Woods last won a major. Somehow, it felt even longer. Winning a major is an accomplishment reserved for a select few, but for a 10-year span beginning in the late 1990s, it was as synonymous with Woods as audacious drives and timely putts.This didn’t come out of nowhere. Bettors knew there were signs that he was putting it all back together. But it was also known that this might have been the best remaining shot he had at summiting Augusta.Suddenly a man who went five years without a win on tour has two in the past seven months. His turn-back-the-clock performance materialized when it mattered most. He now has three top-10s in his past four majors.He did it by playing Amen Corner at one-under on the final day, while the other two members of the final pairing played it one–over.Just as he has previously, Woods bashed the par-5s (-8), going three-under on them over the final round. He approached the 15th hole in a three-way tie with Xander Schauffele and Francesco Molinari, detonated his tee shot and immediately began walking toward the hole as it soared through the sky. He two-putted his way to a birdie and an outright lead and never looked back.The last time Woods won the Masters, his chip-in on the No. 16 green provided the signature highlight of his career. Playing the same hole 14 years later, Woods added to his legend. He struck an 8-iron to the center of the green, spinning it back down the hill where it stopped 4 feet from the pin. As pandemonium played around Woods at the tee box, a replay showed him at-ease cooing “come on” to his ball at it inched closer to history. That wasn’t the only time precision paid off for Woods on par-3s, which he played four-under for the tournament, the best four-round score among his five wins. When Molinari and Tony Finau found the water on No. 12, it was Woods who found the green and two-putted his way to par.Nine players entered the weekend within a shot of the lead, the most in Masters history. That historically congested scoreboard continued Sunday, as each hole seemed to carry implications for the top 15 in the standings. The win marked the first time Woods came from behind in the final round to win a major.Most unbelievable was the winding path Woods had to take just to get back to Butler Cabin. His career first began to go off the rails with a knee injury that cost him half of the 2008 season, and although he played well in 2009 (leading the PGA Tour in money won), he also blew a Sunday major lead for the first time ever when Y.E. Yang overtook him at the PGA Championship.Then came The Accident, which brought to light an ongoing pattern of behavior that tore apart Woods’s personal life. Even that may not have been the low point, however. Woods only dropped to 52nd in the World during his post-scandal struggles — and eventually fought back to reclaim the No. 1 ranking in 2013, winning five events and once again taking the money title. But in the years that followed, Woods would play so poorly and infrequently that he dropped to 674th in the world in early 2017. Such a pronounced valley in performance (particularly relative to the rest of his career) led plenty of pundits to write off Woods’s chances of ever winning another major. Those takes look scorching hot in retrospect, but it’s difficult to find an established veteran player whose ranking dropped outside the top 600 and who managed to claw back to win a major. Then again, Woods is one of the greatest pure talents in golf history — if anyone was going to rewrite that record book and make such an astonishing comeback, it would be him.Age comes for everyone, of course. And the aging curve for golfers heads south well before 45, which will be here for Woods in no time. But even as younger players increasingly dominate the sport, there’s still room for perhaps the greatest golfer of all time to enhance his legacy.It was Woods’s first Masters victory in 14 years, snapping Gary Player’s all-time record of 13 years between wins, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The win is Woods’s 81st on the PGA Tour, one shy of Sam Snead’s all-time record. It’s also his 15th major championship, three shy of Jack Nicklaus’s record. When asked about Woods’s rekindled pursuit of history on Sunday, Nicklaus said, “he’s got me shaking in my boots.”Golf’s prodigal son has officially returned, and what happens next is not known. But no one will again underestimate what Tiger Woods is capable of on a golf course.