Associated Press Television News FOLLOW US LIVE TV COMMENT Last Updated: 20th February, 2020 12:20 IST Crowd-seeking Rays Come Up With Win-win-win Free Ticket Plan The Tampa Bay Rays are offering fans a win-win-win-win proposition. Trying to draw bigger crowds to barren Tropicana Field, the Rays came up with a crowd-pleasing ticket plan Wednesday. Written By First Published: 20th February, 2020 12:20 IST WATCH US LIVE The Tampa Bay Rays are offering fans a win-win-win-win proposition. Trying to draw bigger crowds to barren Tropicana Field, the Rays came up with a crowd-pleasing ticket plan Wednesday.The “Win Pack’’ lets a fan pick any four regular-season Rays game to attend for a total of $99. If the Rays win all four, the fan gets a voucher redeemable for a free ticket to another game.Fans with four straight wins can keep choosing games for free until they either attend a loss or the regular season ends.Despite going 96-66 and making the playoffs last year, the Rays drew an average home crowd of just 14,734 and ranked second lowest in the majors, ahead of only the Miami Marlins. Tampa Bay has made the playoffs five times since 2008 but is consistently at or near the bottom of the majors in attendance. SUBSCRIBE TO US
Last Updated: 29th February, 2020 11:27 IST Devers Likely To Be Even Bigger Part Of Boston Offense third baseman Rafael Devers already has parts of three seasons and a World Series championship on his resume. And after finishing 12th in American League MVP voting in his breakout 2019, the Red Sox believe Devers hasn’t approached his ceiling yet. His baby face and near constant smile may make him appear younger than his 23 years. But third baseman Rafael Devers already has parts of three seasons and a World Series championship on his resume. And after finishing 12th in American League MVP voting in his breakout 2019, the Red Sox believe Devers hasn’t approached his ceiling yet.Devers hit .311 with 32 homers, 115 RBIs, an AL-leading 54 doubles, and a major league-leading 90 extra-base hits last season. He led the Red Sox in games played (156), hits (201), and average. With the departure of Mookie Betts in a trade to the Los Angeles Dodgers, Devers will be an even bigger part of Boston’s offense this season.“Especially as much as he’s improved his game defensively, he’s a huge part,” said manager Ron Roenicke. “The bat is good because of especially where it plays in the lineup and how we can push that lineup deeper makes it tough to pitch to us.”Roenicke expects to bat Devers second this season, behind likely lead-off hitter Andrew Benintendi, where Devers had much of his success last season after taking over the spot in late June.“Wherever the team feels I should be batting in the lineup, I’ll do whatever they say,” said Devers, who made his 2020 spring debut Friday. “But obviously I had a lot of success batting in the two hole last year. It’s not going to change my approach either way. I’m going to still do what I have to do, go out there and work hard.”From May through August, there weren’t many hitters hotter than Devers last season. How much more can Boston expect from him offensively?“It’s hard to say that you can see more than I saw for four straight months last year,” Roenicke said. “Four straight months was as good as anybody you could be in baseball as far as squaring up a baseball when you needed him. When we needed a good at-bat from him, for four straight months we saw a good at-bat. Maybe it was a lineout, but it was a good at-bat. And it was gaps and it was everything, so it’s pretty hard to think of anybody doing that for six months. He had a fabulous year offensively when you look at even just the total numbers, but I know what I saw for four straight months was amazing.”With Betts gone there will be big expectations for Devers. Former Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, though, only needs Devers to do what he did last season.“I saw more than 250 at-bats coming out of him (last year),” said Ortiz. “And I was saying, ‘Bro, I’m telling you this guy is on another level.’Devers knows what will be expected of him this season. But, he’s not feeling pressure to replace Betts, the 2018 AL MVP.“I don’t feel any pressure at all,” he said. “We have a great team. We have a lot of talent on this team. We have (Alex) Verdugo, we have (Benintendi), we have (Xander) Bogaerts, and J.D. (Martinez). There’s a bunch of guys that we have. So, we know we have to step our game up. So, obviously with Mookie because we know he’s a superstar but we don’t feel any pressure because we know the type of team we have and we’ll be ready for this coming season.”(Picture Credit: pixabay) SUBSCRIBE TO US Written By LIVE TV COMMENT FOLLOW US WATCH US LIVE Associated Press Television News First Published: 29th February, 2020 11:27 IST
SUBSCRIBE TO US Written By LIVE TV Also Read | Lamar Jackson Dedicates To ‘Faith, Family And Football’ With Massive New TattooTarvaris Jackson cause of death: Tarvaris Jackson car accident detailsMultiple publications in the United States stated Tarvaris Jackson was driving a 2012 Chevrolet Camaro when his car left the road, hit a tree and overturned around 8:50 pm local time Sunday. An Alabama Law Enforcement Agency spokesperson reported that Jackson was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital. He was later pronounced dead.The accident reportedly occurred on Pike Road, seven miles south of his hometown, Montgomery, Alabama. Limited details about the wreck were released as it is believed the state officials are still investigating the cause of the accident.Tarvaris Jackson is survived by his wife Lakitta and three children, Tarvaris Jr., Takayla and Tyson.Also Read | Karl-Anthony Towns’ Mother Passes Away; Stephen Curry, Trae Young Lead NBA’s CondolencesTarvaris Jackson death: Former coach and teammates pay condolencesSeattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll posted a short message on social media, honouring the former Seahawks quarterback. Also Read | Usain Bolt Shows Off Exploits On The Track To Explain Social Distancing; See PicTarvaris Jackson death: Vikings pay tribute to quarterbackMinnesota Vikings took to social media to pay tribute to their former quarterback. The Vikings’ statement read, ‘The entire Vikings family is saddened by the news of Tarvaris Jackson being taken from us too soon. One of Tarvaris’ greatest attributes was his positive outlook and approach. He genuinely cared about others, was a good friend and will be missed by family, teammates, and Vikings fans everywhere.’ A second-round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, Tarvaris Jackson played for the Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks and the Buffalo Bills between 2006 and 2015. A Super Bowl champion with the Seahawks, Jackson registered 39 career touchdowns and completed over 7,000 passing yards. In 2019, Tarvaris Jackson was hired as a quarterbacks coach for Tennessee State.Also Read | Ex-NFL Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson death, Tarvaris Jackson car accident Sujay Chakraborty Seahawks star Russell Wilson also took to Twitter to pay condolences to Jackson’s family. Last Updated: 14th April, 2020 11:52 IST Tarvaris Jackson, Former Seahawks Quarterback, Dies In A Car Crash Former Seattle Seahawks quarterback, Tarvaris Jackson, was killed in a single-car crash on Sunday. Jackson is survived by his wife Lakitta and three children. FOLLOW US WATCH US LIVE COMMENT First Published: 14th April, 2020 11:52 IST Former NFL quarterback Tarvaris Jackson passed away after being involved in a car crash on Sunday. Tennessee State, where the 36-year-old worked as a quarterbacks coach, confirmed the news stating Jackson was killed in a single-car accident, just outside Montgomery, Alabama.
Last Updated: 24th April, 2020 11:03 IST Vikings Draft LSU Wide Receiver Justin Jefferson At No. 22 The Minnesota Vikings chose LSU wide receiver Justin Jefferson with the 22nd pick in the first round of the NFL draft, with another selection in the queue on Thursday night waiting at No. 25. Written By FOLLOW US First Published: 24th April, 2020 11:03 IST WATCH US LIVE The Minnesota Vikings chose LSU wide receiver Justin Jefferson with the 22nd pick in the first round of the NFL draft, with another selection in the queue on Thursday night waiting at No. 25.The 22nd pick came from Buffalo as part of theJefferson, a late bloomer who played primarily in the slot while helping Tigers quarterback Joe Burrow win the Heisman Trophy for the national champions, set the program record with 111 receptions as a junior in 2019. Jefferson will join Adam Thielen and Tajae Sharpe as the top down-field options for quarterback Kirk Cousins.The last time the Vikings made multiple picks in the first round was 2014, their first draft under coach Mike Zimmer when linebacker Anthony Barr was selected ninth and quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was taken at No. 32.This is the 10th draft for general manager Rick Spielman with full authority over the roster, his 14th overall with Minnesota. This will be a pivotal draft for Zimmer and Spielman, both of whom have entered the final year of their contract and yet to receive an extension. The Vikings have made the playoffs three of the last five seasons, but the 2017 team that reached the NFC championship game has so far been the pinnacle.The virus outbreak that shuttered all NFL facilities forced team officials to sequester in their homes for this SUBSCRIBE TO US Associated Press Television News LIVE TV COMMENT
There are two Tipperary teams in this years Rás – Collins Cycle Centre and Panduit Carrick Wheelers.The race leaves Athlone at 11am with the riders due in Cloughjordan anytime from 12.15 on, Nenagh at 12.35, Dolla at 12.45, Hollyford around 1.20, Cappawhite from 1.35 on with the finish on Tipp Town’s Main Street expected after 2pm. Stage 2 of the 8 day race takes the riders from Athlone to Tipperary Town covering almost 150 kilometres.The leaders Yellow Jersey will be worn by Switzerland’s Cyrille Thiery following his win in yesterdays opening stage.The category three climbs at Dolla after 88 kilometres and Silvermines at 92 kilometres will be followed by a flat, fast run in to the finish. Photo © Rás Tailteann
While Kerry’s John Evans has led the charge for Ardfinnan to make the county senior football final this year.He previously managed Tipp and Roscommon, and is current Wicklow manager.Enda O’Sullivan of Tipp football committee says the calibre of manager the club scene is attracting shows Tipp football is on the up.. Football clubs in Tipperary are experiencing a surge in popularity amongst top managers.Both Arravale Rovers and Ardfinnan this year attracted managers who’ve mentored county sides.Cork’s Conor Counihan managed the Tipp town side – he previously guided the Rebels to an All Ireland title.
Speaking to Stephen Gleeson on last nights ‘Across the Line’ here on Tipp FM former Tipp manager Seamus MacCarthy said while this is a huge game, the Tipperary team is now at a crossroadsThrow in is at 2 O Clock on Sunday in Páirc Esler Newry. Tipp’s game against Down is a season defining one for this group of players according to one time Ireland Compromise rules manager and former Tipperary senior football manager Seamus MacCarthy.The premier side travel to Newry to take on a Down team that were knocked out of the Ulster championship by Armagh.Liam Kearns has named the same starting fifteen for the game that went down to Limerick in the Munster quarter final at Thurles.
Written By FOLLOW US LIVE TV SAAF President and AFI Planning and Development Committee Chairman Lalit Bhanot said, “These voluntary technical officials ensure the success of every athletics meeting by performing their duties passionately. It is our job to help them stay abreast of the rules and regulations.””I am thankful to my colleagues in the South Asian athletics fraternity that they encouraged the technical officials from their own nations to take part in the seminar. We recognise the importance of the flawless technical conduct of each of our athletics competitions and are aware that the athletes should not suffer,” he said.AFI President Adille Sumariwalla also expressed satisfaction that more than 900 Technical Officials derived the benefits from the online seminar. “The seminar in collaboration with SAAF will reduce travel expenses and helps us face logistic challenges even while reaching larger audiences by embracing technology.” WATCH US LIVE Last Updated: 1st May, 2020 06:32 IST Online Training Programme Of South Asian Technical Officials Ends The online technical officials’ seminar, conducted jointly by South Asian Athletics Federation and Athletics Federation of India, ended on Thursday The online technical officials’ seminar, conducted jointly by South Asian Athletics Federation and Athletics Federation of India, ended on Thursday. Attended by over 900 participants each day, the six-day seminar updated the knowledge of the technical officials in the region’s eight countries, the AFI said in a release. The participating technical experts — Luis Saladie (Spain), Chris Cohen (UK), Pierce O’Callaghan (Ireland), Luca Verrascina (Italy), Judit Krisztina Horvath (Hungary), Yukio Seki (Japan) and Kwan Kee (Hong Kong) — praised the initiative as a means to use technology to enhance knowledge.Online training programme endsCohen, who is the Competition Director (Athletics) for Tokyo Olympics, was the keynote speaker on the final day of seminar. He cited examples from major championships concerning the International Technical Officials. Sports Authority of India Director-General Sandip Pradhan, the guest of honour in the valedictory session, appreciated AFI’s efforts in helping technical officials stay up to date. World Athletics President Lord Sebastian Coe, who took part in one of the six days, commented that it was the largest gathering of technical officials that he had ever attended. He praised AFI and SAAF for taking the initiative of engaging technical officials in such a manner. SUBSCRIBE TO US COMMENT First Published: 1st May, 2020 06:32 IST Press Trust Of India
Last Updated: 8th May, 2020 13:19 IST John Fury Ready To Fight Mike Tyson, Says ‘I Will Die In A Fight’ Tyson Fury’s father, John Fury recently called out world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson for a boxing match and said that he ‘will die in a fight’. READ: After Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield Confirms He Is Coming Out Of RetirementREAD: After Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield Hints At Boxing Comeback With Cryptic Instagram Post Tyson Fury’s father, John Fury recently called out world heavyweight champion Mike Tyson for a boxing match. The video shared on an Instagram page Manchester Fight Club was initially addressed to Mick Theo, however, John’s attention quickly turned to former undisputed heavyweight champion.While addressing Theo, who is bodybuilder, John said, “Forget you, I’m looking at Mike Tyson”. He added, “Mike’s making a come back. I don’t value my life at 50p but let me tell you something, Mike Tyson is worth doing charity with”. John also called Tyson a ‘proper king of a champion’ and said, “He is a proper man tried and tested, not some doorman who I used to practice on as a 14-year-old boy. If I didn’t knock out four or five a night when I was 15, I was disappointed”. Furthermore, John added, “I’ll fight Mike Tyson, he’s making a comeback. I know he mentions my boy’s name every five minutes, but here I am, John Fury is hiding from no man, not even the king of the old men, Mike Tyson. I will fight Mike Tyson. I will not be denied, I will die in a fight”. Bhavya Sukheja READ: Mike Tyson’s Classic Car Collection Ft Rolls-Royce, Ferrari And Mercedes-Benz Written By First Published: 8th May, 2020 13:19 IST LIVE TV COMMENT WATCH US LIVE ‘Trying to get in the ring’ Meanwhile, Tyson, recently announced that he is looking to get back into the ring. The 53-year-old said that he is looking to get involved in some four-round bouts. He also realised a video of himself working out and training and he still looks in pretty good shape. READ: After Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield Confirms He Is Coming Out Of RetirementIn a recent interview, with an American rapper T.I, on Instagram live, Tyson announced, “I’ve been working out, I’ve been trying to get in the ring, I think I’m going to box some exhibitions and get in shape. I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three or four-round exhibitions for some charities and stuff.” Though Mike Tyson is yet to finalise his opponent for his comeback bout, the 53-year-old has confirmed that he is getting inside the boxing ring once again.The 53-year-old also shared a video of himself training and shunned those who believed that he will not return again. Tyson shook netizens with surprise as he showcased his sparring skills in a short video clip. He seemingly possesses the same power as he spotted throwing deadly jabs and beautiful combinations over his training partner. SUBSCRIBE TO US FOLLOW US
In Division 2C Clonmel are in Cork to take on Sundays Well at Irish Independent Park.All of those games kick-off at 2.30. All three Tipperary teams are in AIL action this afternoon.Nenagh Ormond have made the long trip north for their Division 2A clash with Ballymena in Eaton Park.Cashel play host to Burnhall at Spafield with both teams on 5 points after the opening weekend.