Premier League captain ruled out of Belgium double-header

first_img1 Man City captain Vincent Kompany has withdrawn from the Belgium squad for their friendlies against Italy and Spain.The 29-year-old, who was not involved in full training with his country on Tuesday or Wednesday, was the subject of a club-versus-country row during the previous international break when he played in a Euro 2016 qualifier against Israel despite assertions from City boss Manuel Pellegrini that he was unfit because of a calf injury.There will no repeat of those arguments this month, though, after Belgium confirmed he had left the squad and been replaced by Anderlecht midfielder Steven Defour.A tweet from the team’s Twitter account read: “.@vincentkompany left the squad, out for Italy and Spain. @StevenDefour joined the group at noon. #belita #belspa #tousenfrance”In October Kompany was named in the Belgium squad despite missing five successive fixtures for his club side because of injury, and Pellegrini had declared he was not fit enough to feature in the games against Andorra or Israel.However, despite missing out against Andorra when his international colleagues booked their Euro 2016 qualification, Belgium boss Marc Wilmots started Kompany in the fixture against Israel to provoke Pellegrini’s ire.“I was not pleased because we sent Vincent with some medical report that he was not able to play but, as the manager of Belgium said, he can do what he wants in the international break,” the Chilean stated when Kompany returned for club duty. “He can use the players and he wanted to use him.“But for me, when you don’t send a player to the national squad and you cannot use him for your club, I think the other sense must be the same. If a player didn’t play the last three games for his club he cannot play for the national squad.“But these are the rules. I think some day clubs will protest about that.”Kompany was an unused substitute in City’s next game against Bournemouth and Pellegrini denied there was rift with his player after he started the Champions League clash with Sevilla on the bench. The centre-back was restored to the starting line-up for the Manchester derby and has played in each of the Barclays Premier League and Champions League fixtures since.However, he was not involved in full training on Tuesday with Belgium due to the fact he was part of a recovery session having played against Aston Villa two days earlier.Kompany was then absent from the group which trained on Wednesday too and Wilmots said he was “following an individual programme of rehabilitation indoors”. The 29-year-old was the subject of a club-versus-country row during the previous international break last_img read more

PAY RISE! AC Milan set to offer teen sensation Gianluigi Donnarumma bumper new £1m deal

first_img The young goalkeeper is expected to be handed a deal to fend off overseas interest AC Milan are ready to offer Manchester United target Gianluigi Donnarumma a bumper new contract which will hand him a near 10-fold pay rise.Back in October, the 16-year-old made his debut and became the youngest goalkeeper ever to start a Serie A match.Since then the Italian has gone from strength to strength and it has led to clubs scouting his progress.Manchester United were thought to be considering a January move, as were German champions Bayern Munich.However, according to sources in Italy, Donnarumma will now be offered a new contract which will see his wages go from £160,000-a-year to £1m-a-year.It is hoped that the new contract will persuade the youngster, who has been dubbed the new Gianluigi Buffon, to continue his development at the San Siro. 1last_img read more

Leaking water main causes sinkhole, shutting freeway offramp

first_imgA leaking water main near Los Angeles International Airport created a sinkhole today that prompted the closure of the offramp from the westbound Glenn Anderson (105) Freeway to northbound Sepulveda Boulevard, authorities said. The offramp was closed about 9:20 a.m. to limit traffic entering the area of Sepulveda and Century boulevards, where the pipe was leaking, said California Highway Patrol Officer Francisco Villalobos. According to Los Angeles police Officer Kate Lopez, the sinkhole also forced the closure of some streets near Century and Sepulveda boulevards while crews worked to contain the problem. Traffic was also affected in the Sepulveda tunnel on the south side of the airport. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Wildfires at a glance

first_img SLIDE FIRE: This fire has burned 1,500 acres at Green Valley Lake near Running Springs in San Bernardino County. Twenty homes have burned and 400 are threatened. SANTIAGO FIRE: This fire has burned 15,200 acres and is 30 percent contained. Eight outbuildings have been destroyed and 12 have been damaged. Two firefighter injuries have been reported. CONTAINED: Sedgewick Fire, Santa Barbara County Roca Fire, Riverside County Coronado Hills Fire, San Diego County Source: www.fire.ca.gov 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m. WITCH FIRE: This fire has burned 145,000 acres and is not contained. Five hundred homes, 100 commercial properties and 50 outbuildings have been destroyed. BUCKWEED FIRE: This fire has burned 35,500 acres and is not contained. Three civilians and one firefighter have been injured. MAGIC FIRE: Twelve hundred acres have burned and the fire is moving toward Ventura. The fire is currently burning in an agricultural area and no structures are threatened. RANCH FIRE: This fire has burned 41,000 acres since Saturday and is 10percent contained. Three homes and four outbuildings have been destroyed. CANYON FIRE: This fire has burned 3,800 acres and is 8 percent contained. Six homes and two businesses have been destroyed. Nine homes and five businesses have been damaged. HARRIS FIRE: This fire has burned 22,000 acres and is 5 percent contained. The fire started Monday and is burning at Harris Ranch Road and on both sides of Highway 94 in Portrero in San Diego County. There have been 17 civilian injuries and one death as well as five firefighter injuries. GRASS VALLEY FIRE: This fire has burned 300 acres northwest of Lake Arrowhead in San Bernardino County. The town of Lake Arrowhead and several adjacent towns are threatened. More than 100 homes have burned north of Lake Arrowhead and 1,500 homes are threatened. McCOY FIRE: This fire has burned 300 acres and is 50 percent contained. The fire started Sunday and is burning in the Boulder Creek / Eagle Peak area of San Diego County. One residence and one outbuilding have been destroyed. RICE FIRE: This fire has burned 1,500 acres in Rice Canyon in Northern San Diego County. Fifty homes have been destroyed and 30 have been damaged. The town of Fallbrook has been evacuated. last_img read more

‘Sterling? He owes us a performance!’ – Fans react to England team for Euro 2016

first_img[View the story “England line-up reaction:” on Storify] Roy Hodgson named an unchanged XI for the Wales match and it is fair to say England fans were not best pleased. After drawing with Russia in the Euro 2016 opener, the meeting with the Dragons is about more than just bragging rights in this Group B clash. Victory for Wales will confirm their qualification for the round of 16 after beating Slovakia in Saturday’s opener, while England need victory to keep the race on for top spot. LIVE ON talkSPORT: England vs Wales: Euro 2016 commentary for 2pm kick-off – click here for the full line-upHodgson stuck with his side from the Russia clash, keeping faith in the likes of Raheem Sterling, Adam Lallana and Harry Kane – leaving out Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy and Jack Wilshere. See some of the best reaction below: 1center_img Roy Hodgson stuck with the XI which started for England v Russia last_img read more

Insider Trading: Costa does NOT want Chelsea exit, Arsenal & Chelsea eye Mahrez

first_imgtalkSPORT’s transfer guru, Warren Haughton, joins Hawksbee and Jacobs to round up all the very latest rumours and gossip from the summer window.There have been reports in Spain that Diego Costa has handed in a transfer request at Chelsea amid interest from his former club Atletico Madrid, but our man insists that is NOT the case and appears set to stay at Stamford Bridge.Another player being tipped to move on is Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez, and Warren says Arsenal and Chelsea are monitoring the Algerian winger’s situation, while the Foxes are fighting hard to keep him.There’s also an update on Manchester City’s pursuit of Leroy Sane, while there could be some incomings at Liverpool and Burnley this week.Here are the latest transfer stories from talkSPORT.com:Carlos Bacca latest: AC Milan waiting for Arsenal move as striker stalls on West Ham switchEverton FC transfer reports: Toffees target £18m deal for Portugal Euro 2016 star William CarvalhoLiverpool FC transfer news: Galatasaray firm up Lucas interest by making £2.5m offerTransfer report: Juventus ahead of Arsenal in Gonzalo Higuain chase as talks begin over deal for Napoli strikerMiddlesbrough close to signing Alvaro Negredo on loan as former Manchester City striker arrives for medicalLeroy Sane latest: Bayern Munich to ready to rival Manchester City with late bid for German wunderkindlast_img read more

Chandpur step out in style to win two YesChef Awards

first_imgDonegal’s number one Indian Restaurant has scooped two accolades at the YesChef Ireland 2019 awards.The gala awards on Tuesday night announced Chandpur as the winner of Best Indian Restaurant Ulster. Plus, owner and Head Chef Rana Miah wowed the judges with his style to win Best Dressed Man!Rana Miah wins Best Dressed Male at the YesChef Ireland awardsChandpur is a renowned Indian/Bangladeshi restaurant which has earned a highly decorated list of achievements since it opened in the main street car park Donegal Town in 2012. Their authentic world cuisine is popular with locals, tourists and celebrities alike. Chandpur holds the number one stop of Donegal Town’s best restaurants on TripAdvisor.com and they have a Hall of Fame award for earning five Five Star Certificates of Excellence.Owners Susan and Rana Miah were once again buzzing with excitement over their success at the YesChef 2019 awards, which were revealed in the Radisson Blu Hotel and Spa Sligo.Chandpur wins Best Indian Restaurant Ulster in the YesChef awards 2019The Yes Chef awards were set up by NI Media, the publishers of the highly regarded YesChef magazine, to recognise and celebrate the very finest talent in a variety of categories.Chandpur step out in style to win two YesChef Awards was last modified: October 10th, 2018 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Chandpur Indian RestaurantDonegal Townyeschef awardslast_img read more

Job Vacancies: Bar staff required at popular Letterkenny pub

first_imgJob Vacancies: The Glencar Inn, a popular entertainment bar in Glencar Letterkenny, is currently recruiting for part-time bar staff.Part-Time Bar StaffJob requirements:· Experience is not essential as full training will be given but it will be an advantage. · The ability to work in a busy environment.· Must be fully flexible.· Work with a team.· Have a friendly manner and the ability to be social with customers. To apply send a CV with a cover letter to hrglencar@gmail.comAll applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidenceJob Vacancies: Bar staff required at popular Letterkenny pub was last modified: July 22nd, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Bar StaffGlencar InnJob Vacanciesletterkennylast_img read more

RELAY FOR LIFE’S DONEGAL CANCER CONFERENCE A HUGE SUCCESS

first_imgSome of the crowd at the Relay for Life cancer conference.The Relay for Life Donegal 2014 committee, in association with The Irish Cancer Society, held an inaugural cancer conference on Saturday the 5th April 2014 at the Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny.MC Charlie Collins got proceedings under way by emphasising the great success of Relay for Life in Donegal and stating that cancer doesn’t discriminate.Robert O Connor, Chairperson of Relay for Life Donegal 2014, addressed all who had attended and highlighted that, “the conference is for you”. Robert outlined how delighted he was to welcome everyone and he took the opportunity to thank Relay for Life Donegal’s patron (i.e.) Mr Daniel O Donnell.A video message from Daniel was viewed and Robert took the opportunity to “thank Daniel for his commitment and support”.The patient experience was delivered by Bernie Gallagher, Conal Gallen and the survivors’ choir. Bernie Gallagher shared her personal experiences; why do I relay? According to Bernie, “you must stand up and fight, believe you can do it!”According to Conal Gallen, “we should talk about cancer more. I didn’t know how to deal with cancer. I deal with problems through humour”. Conal also stated how he “felt lucky to survive cancer”. The survivors’ choir gave a beautiful rendition of alleluia.One of the many experts who delivered presentations at the conference included Ursula Bates, Head of Psychology, Our Lady’s Hospice, Harold’s Cross. Ursula delivered a presentation on the psychological impact of a cancer diagnosis. According to Ursula, “it is a cause for celebration that more people than ever are surviving after a diagnosis but we know the impact of cancer doesn’t suddenly stop when treatment is over”. Ursula reiterated that stress cannot be blamed as the cause for cancer; environmental, lifestyle and generic factors must also be considered.According to Siobhan Diver, Marketing Manager of Relay for Life Donegal 2014, “the event exceeded all expectations. The committee were delighted with how smoothly the event ran and of how much benefit and enjoyment attendees had stated they had obtained from attending”.The Relay for Life Donegal 2014 committee would like to take this opportunity to thank those who attended the conference, the guest speakers, the exhibitors and to everyone who facilitated in any way to making the conference the tremendous success that it was.The committee would also like to take this opportunity to highlight that if anyone is interested in entering a team for the Relay for Life Donegal event on the 31/5/14 – 1/6/14, they should contact Nicola on 086 8880399 or alternatively email relayforlifedonegalapplications@yahoo.com RELAY FOR LIFE’S DONEGAL CANCER CONFERENCE A HUGE SUCCESS was last modified: April 7th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:conferencedonegalRelay for Lifelast_img read more

Sunderland star Giaccherini holding out for ‘dream’ Chelsea

first_img Sunderland and Italy midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini 1 Sunderland midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini has NOT agreed a £2million deal to join Italian side Torino, as he is still holding out for a ‘dream’ move to Chelsea.The Italy international shone at Euro 2016 as he helped Antonio Conte’s side reach the quarter-finals in France.Giaccherini has since been linked with a move to Torino, in a deal which would see Sunderland net around £2m, however, Conte has also considered bringing the 31-year-old to Stamford Bridge with him this summer.And now Giaccherini’s agent, Furio Valcareggi, has confessed his client still hopes to secure a dream move to Chelsea.“Unfortunately we don’t [have an agreement with Torino],” Valcareggi told Gazzetta Dello Sport.“There has been contact and interest. Torino have taken note of the costs and how the transfer would have to be done and now they are considering it.“But this also applies to Fiorentina and Bologna, who are gathering information before moving on.“If Chelsea were to call? Chelsea would be a dream.”last_img read more